Terms & conditions
Registration for STUVA Conference 2019 should be done online using our conference tool. The participant will receive a registration confirmation and an invoice by E-mail after his successfull registration. November 19, 2019 is the deadline for pre-registration. Afterwards the registration must be made on spot with additional costs. To be mentioned in the printed list of participants the registration must be made by November 8, 2019 at the latest. During the registration the naming in the list of participants can be refused.
2. Conference Fees
Participants will be charged the following fees for attending the conference (free of VAT under Article 4 no. 22a of the German Sales Tax Act, UStG):
|Category||early bird until
|STUVA member (2)||410 Euro||460 Euro|
|Regular||510 Euro||560 Euro|
|Students (3)||50 Euro||50 Euro|
|Festive Evening (4)||75 Euro||75 Euro|
(1) Registration received by STUVA: an additional 30 € will be levied if registration is effected on the spot in the conference office
(2) Employees from companies or institutions which are member of STUVA
(3) A copy of the student's ID has to be uploaded resp. submitted
(4) incl. 19 % tax, incl. drinks
The puchase of a ticket etitles both to attend lectures on tunnel construction and on tunnel operation
Only employees of STUVA members will qualify for the preferential rate listed above. Where this reduction is unjustifiably obtained, we reserve the right to claim the difference. We grant a 10 % discount on the conference fees to members registering more than 15 participants, from the 16th registrant upwards.
The conference fees include:
- one conference kit including the conference proceedings
- attendance in all lectures at the conference, with simultaneous interpretation German/English and English/German
- access to the exhibition held in conjunction with the conference
- participation in one of the technical excursions
- coffee and tea during breaks in the conference proceedings
- a travel pass for Frankfurt‘s public transport network, valid for the duration of the conference
The conference fee covers the full 2-day series of lectures. Tickets for individual sessions or one-day tickets are not available.
3. Festive Evening
On November 26, 2019 STUVA will be hosting a festive evening which all conference participants are invited to attend. The event will take place at Frankfurt Trade Fair, starting at 8 p.m. (reception starts at 7.30), and will include a convivial dinner, drinks and some programme. Each participant‘s share of the associated costs will total € 75, incl. VAT.
4. Cancellation and reimbursement
The STUVA office must be notified of any cancellations in writing (i.e. by mail or fax). A fee of € 60 (free of VAT) will be charged for any notification of cancellation received by November 8, 2019 at the latest. Participants submitting notice of cancellation after this date or failing to show up for the conference will be charged the full fee. However, any registered participant may be replaced – once only, free of charge until November 19, 2019 – by a proxy.
5. Issueing tickets for admission to the conference
Tickets for admission to the conference will be mailed to those participants based in Europe (EU and EEA member states and Switzerland). The delivery is scheduled for late October. Tickets for anyone whose payment was received by STUVA after November 15, 2019 will be held for them at the conference office to be picked up upon arrival. For organisational reasons, all tickets for participants from outside Europe will be held for them at the conference office instead of being mailed. This arrangement will apply irrespectively of when their payment was received. Students must collect their tickets at the conference office and confirm their status with a valid student ID.
6. Liability and Compensation
Should the conference be disrupted or even prevented from taking place altogether as a result of unforeseen political events, industrial action or force majeure, the organisers shall not be liable to pay any compensation. Furthermore, the organisers deny liability for any personal loss by or injury to participants during the event. Participants are recommended to take out their own personal insurance if so required.