Conditions of Participation
Registration for STUVA Conference 2023 should be done online using our conference tool. The participant will receive a registration confirmation and an invoice by E-mail after his successfull registration. November 3, 2023 is the deadline for online registration. Afterwards the registration must be made on spot with additional costs. To be mentioned in the printed list of participants the registration must be made by October 20, 2023 at the latest. During the registration the naming in the list of participants can be refused.
2. Conference Fees
The purchase of a ticket entitles both to attend lectures on tunnel construction and on tunnel operation/planning. Participants will be charged the following fees for attending the conference (free of VAT under Article 4 no. 22a of the German Sales Tax Act, UStG):
|Category||Early Bird until|
|(1) Registration received by STUVA; an additional € 30 will be levied if registration is effected on the spot in the conference office. |
(2) Only employees of STUVA members will qualify for the preferential rate listed above. Where this reduction is unjustifiably obtained, we reserve the right to claim the difference. We grant a 10% discount on the conference fees to members registering more than 15 participants, from the 16th registrant upwards.
(3) A copy of the student‘s ID has to be submitted.
|Members of STUVA (2)||450 €||500 €|
|Non-members||550 €||600 €|
|Students (3)||50 €||50 €|
(drinks and dinner,
|75 €||75 €|
Specialized press representatives can apply to attend all lectures presented at the STUVA Conference and the STUVA Expo by showing press card (only one person per publication/station).
The conference fees include:
- one conference kit including the conference proceedings
- attendance in all lectures at the conference, Tunnel Construction as well as Tunnel Operation/Planning, with simultaneous interpretation German/English and English/German
- access to the exhibition held in conjunction with the conference
- participation in one of the technical excursions
- coffee, tea and water during breaks in the conference proceedings
- a travel pass for the use of the public transport network in the Munich city area, valid for the duration of the conference
The conference fee covers the full 2-day series of lectures. Tickets for individual sessions or one-day tickets are not available.
3. Festive Evening
On November 8, STUVA will be hosting a festive evening which all conference participants are invited to attend. The event will take place at hall B0, starting at 8:00 p.m. (reception starts at 6:30), and will include a convivial dinner and drinks. The fee per person is 75 € (incl. 19 % VAT).
4. Cancellation and Reimbursement
The STUVA office must be notified of any cancellations in writing (i.e. by mail or fax). A fee of € 60 (free of VAT) will be charged for any notification of cancellation received by 20 October 2023 at the latest. Participants submitting notice of cancellation after this date or failing to show up for the conference will be charged the full fee. However, any registered participant may be replaced – once only, free of charge until 20 October 2023 – by a proxy.
5. Issueing Tickets for Admission to the Conference
Tickets for admission to the conference will be mailed to those participants based in Europe (EU and EEA member states and Switzerland). Tickets for anyone whose payment was received by STUVA after 15 October 2023 will be held for them at the conference office to be picked up upon arrival. For organisational reasons, all tickets for participants from outside Europe will be held for them at the conference office in Munich instead of being mailed. This arrangement will apply irrespectively of when their payment was received.
6. Pandemic, Liability and Compensation
In the unlikely event that there should be renewed official requirements due to the corona pandemic or any other pandemic or epidemic, we will implement all official orders affecting the event and, if necessary, adjust the conditions of participation accordingly. Under no circumstances, however, can claims for damages be asserted against the organizers if the implementation of the conference is made difficult or impossible, in whole or in part, due to pandemic or official regulations, or due to unforeseen political or economic events or force majeure. Furthermore, the organizers assume no liability for personal injury or property damage during the event.